DeafBlind Camp of Texas Presents:
Fall Family Weekend 2023!
DBCTX is hosting our first weekend for DeafBlind youth and their families. Learn communication skills and Co-presence with your child from parents and DeafBlind Leaders who have been where you are.
Join us Oct 27-29, 2023
Where: Camp for All Texas
** REGISTRATION NOW OPEN! **
Who can attend?
- Youth 14 - 22 years of age AND still in high school or post-secondary school
- Has a combined hearing and vision loss
- Able to make independent decisions
- Have open TWC case
...And Their Families!
- 2 Parents or Guardians included in cost of registration
- Siblings invited on a case-by-case basis for additional fees (covers room/board)
- Co-Navigators and SSPs with experience or interest working with youth
Why attend DBCTX?
- Barrier-free and accessible
- Networking & making new friends
- Unforgettable bonds and experiences
- Prepares teens for the transition to adult life
- Making memories!
Experienced Volunteer Co-navigators needed to work with DeafBlind youth. No training will be provided during this Camp weekend. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Communication and Behavior Policy:
DeafBlind Camp of Texas is committed to an environment that is respectful to all and will not permit harassment, discrimination, or violence of any kind, especially horizontal violence, based on another's comments, questions, schema, language, race, color, religion, hearing status, vision status, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or any other protected class. DBCTX supports all language preferences, and highly encourages Protactile Language use.