DBCTX SSP Training Series
** All profits will be donated to DBCTX!!! **
- Provide the skills to be awesome Support Service Provider(s) at any DBCTX events
- Act as a sighted guide.
- Facilitate communication.
- Provide visual and environmental information (e.g., describing the physical layout of a room, building or other environment; identifying who is in the room; describing personal interactions).
- Ensure the safety of a person with combined hearing and vision loss.
- (http://sspconsumer101.dhs.state.mn.us/syllabus.html is a fantastic resource)!
- Bypass the training at the camp!
- “What is that!?”
- Imagine being a kid in a candy store!!! The workshop will focus on different ways of facilitating all the information to the DeafBlind individual and promote incidental learning.
- “Where am I!?”
- What lurks beyond the unknown? This workshop will focus on numerous approaches of navigating and interpreting the environment for the DeafBlind individual.
- “What the *$#@ did they say?”
- We all know about the infamous “I will tell you later”… This workshop will focus on various techniques to increase access and enhance communication between DeafBlind individuals and others.
- DeafBlind Camp of Texas
- Various Guest Speakers
- RSVP required!
- Limit to 20 only!
- Saturday, Feb 24th: “What is that!?”
- Saturday, April 14th: “What is that!?” and “What the *$#@ did they say?”
- Hosted by CAAG4 and. You can register online with link below. The Unlock Code is : CAAG4
- Saturday, June 30th: “Where am I!?”
- Saturday, Oct 27th: “What the *$#@ did they say?”
- 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
- Austin Community College at Eastview Campus in Room #8106
- $10 – Anyone
- $20 – CEUs
- $2 discount will be given at the door for Austin Community College Students and Personnel (Bring ID)
Please RSVP Below!!!