SSPs at SOCIAL EVENTS
We are excited to announce that DBCTX is experimenting with providing volunteer SSPs to work with DeafBlind consumers at DBCTX events only! Also SSPs will be paid (thanks to a generous donation)!
The process will be this
- Each DB consumer wishing to attend a DBCTX event, must must fill out the SSP request form (also found on the website)
- The Event SSP Coordinator will moderate all incoming forms. Who wants spam? Smile! If good, the SSP Request form will be forwarded to every SSP anonymously on our SSP listserv.
- Interested SSPs will contact the DB consumer directly to work out the logistics.
- After the event is completed, the SSP will have 30 days to submit a SSP invoice to get paid (Found here). Otherwise, we will consider it a donation and send a thank you receipt.
Please be patient with us while we continue tweaking and improving the process. We hope that you are as excited as us to join this new adventure into the future for the DeafBlind Community in Texas!
1. How to become an eligible SSP?
- Attend DBCTX Camp.
- SSP Workshops may be considered.
2. What happens if a SSP doesn’t show up?
- 1st Strike: No payment.
- 2nd Strike: No payment and next event is Pro Bono.
- 3rd Strike: No payment and next 3 events are Pro Bono.
3. What happens if a DeafBlind consumer doesn't show up?
- 1st Strike: A warning.
- 2nd Strike: Deny DeafBlind consumer's next SSP Request form.
- 3rd Strike: Deny DeafBlind consumer's next 3 SSP Request forms.
4. When is the last day a DeafBlind consumer can submit a SSP Request form?
5. What happens if a DeafBlind individual shows up without a SSP Request form?
6. What if I have questions?
7. How much will a SSP get paid?
- $20 per DBCTX event. (The funds comes from a one-time and generous donation from an anonymous donor. The funds may depleted by 2019).
IF INTERESTED, COMPLETE THE VOLUNTEER MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION ABOVE!